1. The partition record in the Partition Table (which is a part of MBR) is removed.
2. Space where partition was located is labeled as 'unoccupied'. The data itself is not removed.
In the event of an accidental partition deletion we strongly recommend that you perform the recovery
operation as soon as possible. If any new partition is created instead on the same space and some
information is written there, there is a chance that the writing process may allocate some data in this
'unoccupied space' thus damaging you data located on the partition deleted previously.
Active@ Partition Recovery is a powerful software utility, designed to restore accidentally deleted partitions.
Active@ Partition Recovery can be installed on and run from a floppy disk, so that the risk of overwriting your
data is minimized.
Active@ Partition Recovery will help you to restore partitions residing on hard drives formatted in any of the
following file systems:
• FAT12 / FAT16 / FAT32
• NTFS / NTFS5
• Ext2fs / Ext3fs / Ext4fs.
It works under all Windows family operating systems:
• Windows 2000
• Windows XP
• Windows Vista
• Windows Server 2003
• Windows Server 2008
• Windows 7
• Windows 8 beta. click here to know more
Active@ Partition Recovery supports:
• IDE, ATA, SSD, SCSI hard drives, floppy disks and USB Flash Disks and Memory Cards
• Large-sized drives (more than 2 TB)
• Detection and recovery of deleted or damaged partitions
• Saving scan results to the storage and opening them later on
• Deleted partitions filtering
• Correcting BOOT.INI if needed to keep the system bootable
• Fixing damaged MBR and Deleting invalid partitions
• Automatic and Manual correction of Volume Boot Sectors
• Disk Image creation for further data recovery purposes
The free evaluation version can scan drives, detect deleted partitions and inspect files and folders there,
however to recover them you need to purchase a registration key.
Follow the below link to get the software